Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Account Director (client-side) for MediaMonks LA
Our LA office is seeking a practiced Account Director with an aptitude for design, content and digital production. This position manages one of MediaMonks' key global partnerships and is responsible for pinpointing a growth vision and executing it strategically. This senior-level role requires hands-on experience in production, operations, and a solid understanding of large scale retained teams as well as procurement driven sales. A team of dedicated producers is in charge of the operational side whilst you focus on the future state of the account - globally.
Role & Responsibilities
- As an Account Director at MediaMonks, you work at the intersection of business, operations and production to grow a prolific production partnership. You are at the heart of the sales process and the operational decision making.
- You work side by side with our key client to shape a new project from the start, acting as a strategic partner throughout the process who understands the client’s business inside out. You help to direct the very things that will be produced, always making sure projects meet the client’s strategy, brand, creative goals, and expectations. This means you will be the key go-to person for the client.
- You own and execute a sales strategy. You naturally sell in a consultative manner.
- You control profitability.
- You nurture strong alliances with client teams around the world.
- You determine the direction for a team of makers (50-70 monks) and coach 4-7 producers and creative project managers, spread across 4 timezones.
- You have a strong operational backbone and will set up a production framework for the project managers to work in so you can safeguard an external focus; you make sure all training material is up to par, you pin down ways of working, roadmaps, workflows, briefing, guidelines, calendars, reviews and meetings.
- You guard our KPI's and quality at all times.
- You’ll be a driving force in building and recruiting a well performing and happy team.
- You make sure the team is ready for growth and build scalable structures.
- As an Account Director, you’re also responsible for scoping and quoting projects, working with producers and department leads to propose timelines and ballparks.
- You connect with procurement teams and build relationships.
- You are the face of MediaMonks at the client.
- You are responsible for monitoring and reporting the health of the operation.
- You identify opportunities for new projects and up-sales that add value to all parties. You help to increase revenue growth, looking after business planning and development to hit targets and KPIs.
- This senior-level role requires someone that is experienced in managing million-dollar retainers for global advertising, entertainment and technology companies.
- You have 6+ years of hands-on project management or producer experience in digital advertising or production, with proven track record managing high-value and volume of interdisciplinary work.
- Successful applicants for this position tend to have experience as an Executive Producer, and are looking to be more externally focused.
- You can coach a brand through digital transformation.
- You are an entrepreneurial team player.
- With the backing of producers, designers, QA'ers and art directors, you need to be confident in providing expert advice on digital production, sometimes even at the C-level.
- You can liaise and strategize with operations managers.
- You don’t think in projects but in partnerships, developing client relationships and work-streams milestones ahead.
- You can quickly develop a deep understanding of clients’ business challenges and what needs to be achieved.
- You are OK with traveling often.
- Setting up and sustaining production partnerships between our international offices is no easy task and requires superb (English) communication as people skills.
- You are based in Los Angeles.
MediaMonks is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Oude Amersfoortseweg 125 1212AA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers#amsterdam" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +31 20 820 24 25
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- Speakers Corner unit 104 31 Parliament Street 8001 Cape Town
- +27 74 451 3854
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- Scale 2 building 3412 Ath Thumamah Road 6628،Riyadh 13315 Saudi Arabia
- 109012 per. Malyy Cherkasskiy, 2 Cabinet Lounge Moscow Russia
- +7 499 110 44 75
- 010000 Nur-Sultan city Saryarka Avenue 6 Room 1 Office 1310 Kazakhstan
- +7 916 6953669
- Okhla Industrial Estate Phase 3 Rd Okhla Phase III Okhla Industrial Area New Delhi Delhi 110020 India
- 959, 3rd Cross Rd HRBR Layout Kalynagar Bangalore 560043 India
- +91-9739 008 291
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 3129 2969
- 209 Cecil St South Melbourne Victoria 3205 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- Level 10/66 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 228 East 45th Street, Suite 9E New York, NY 10017 United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- 401 Bay Street Simpson Tower 6th floor Toronto ON M5H 2Y4
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508