Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Art Director at MediaMonks BA
Role & Responsibilities
- In this senior-level role, you help to manage a dedicated team of Monks towards the apex of digital aesthetics.
- Working alongside Project and Program Monks, and international production/design teams, you make sure our designs and animations are in line with the project’s objectives and client expectations.
- More often than not, you will be in direct contact with our client and play a key role in building a prolific partnership. You will work together directly with art directors on the client side, representing MediaMonks from a creative POV. Also, partnering with PMs will play an important role as they are the door to client's expectations.
- You make sure that the design team harmonizes speed, style and scale to produce a big volume of good-looking assets at a steady pace.
- You can easily adapt and switch from one task to the other without missing a single detail.
- You can forecast production and concepting issues in order to ask the right questions to the client and team and give solutions to future problems.
- You translate concepts and project briefings into thorough design and animation briefs. Along with PMs, you will kick off briefs to designers, illustrators and animators.
- For some projects you set the style, for other projects you help to safeguard predefined styles. Collaboration skills are a must.
- You help to create style proposals, sketches and mockups to kickstart new projects and proposals.
- You look after the execution of the art direction and help to improve the work by offering new angles, inspiration, best practices and practical solutions — guaranteeing projects meet our standards.
- You help to guide the team in the right direction, bringing harmony to our people, projects and processes.
- Alongside with senior designers, you are responsible for training the designers and making sure all documentation and design standards are up to date.
Join the Most Awesome Production Company on the Planet
At MediaMonks, you’ll join a prolific, and super-fast-moving company on a mission to become the best production partner in any field and market—operating as one team across time zones with 2,000 Monks and counting. In addition to many of the nicest people in the industry, MediaMonks BA also has the best-ever asados including a vegan-friendly version to look out for while WFH.
MediaMonks stands for equal-opportunity employment and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your portfolio with a personal cover letter explaining why you’re the right Monk for the role.
- You’re a Spanish + English-speaking art director or designer with 5+ years of high-level experience in digital advertising or production.
- You can enable designers to take charge of tasks independently.
- You can contribute to different stages of the production process; from setting styles and layouts to cutting formats and language versioning.
- You’ve earned your stripes in the field and are ready to take on this role with responsibilities, helping other designers get better at their job in a sacred ritual called constructive feedback (i.e. hovering art direction).
- As showcased in your portfolio, you have broad experience with digital advertising, and online display advertising in specific.
- You have experience directing all stages of the design process, from conceptualizing styles to finalizing layouts and rolling out designs across markets and formats.
- In addition to visual prowess, you have strong social and professional skills and feel confident in tackling high-end projects in tag team with our client.
- You can present and defend our creative vision with passion, but also know when to give in for the sake of the project.
- You are a clear communicator and are happy to work with different team members from all over the world.
- Even though you are not an animator, you are familiar with After Effects and Premiere processes in order to guide animators in specific tasks. You know how to tackle scripts and storyboards.
- Bonus round #1: Hands-on creation skills in either design, illustration or animation would be interesting.
- Oude Amersfoortseweg 125 1212AA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers#amsterdam" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +31 20 820 24 25
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- Speakers Corner unit 104 31 Parliament Street 8001 Cape Town
- +27 74 451 3854
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- Scale 2 building 3412 Ath Thumamah Road 6628،Riyadh 13315 Saudi Arabia
- 109012 per. Malyy Cherkasskiy, 2 Cabinet Lounge Moscow Russia
- +7 499 110 44 75
- 010000 Nur-Sultan city Saryarka Avenue 6 Room 1 Office 1310 Kazakhstan
- +7 916 6953669
- Okhla Industrial Estate Phase 3 Rd Okhla Phase III Okhla Industrial Area New Delhi Delhi 110020 India
- 959, 3rd Cross Rd HRBR Layout Kalynagar Bangalore 560043 India
- +91-9739 008 291
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 3129 2969
- 209 Cecil St South Melbourne Victoria 3205 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- Level 10/66 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 228 East 45th Street, Suite 9E New York, NY 10017 United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- 401 Bay Street Simpson Tower 6th floor Toronto ON M5H 2Y4
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508