Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Art Director MediaMonks LA
MediaMonks — less humbly known as the biggest creative production company on the planet — is hiring a digital tastemaker to oversee the creation of shit-hot designs and cool animations at our Abbot Kinney office.
Role & Responsibilities
- In this senior-level role, you help to steer a small-star team of Monks towards the apex of digital aesthetics.
- Working alongside our project and program managers and international production teams, you make sure our designs and animations are in line with the project’s objectives and client expectations.
- You are in direct contact with the client and play a key role in building a prolific partnership.
- You translate concepts and project briefings into thorough design and animation briefs.
- For some projects you set the style, for others projects you help to safeguard pre-defined styles.
- You help to create style proposals, sketches and mockups to kickstart new projects and proposals.
- You look after the execution of the art direction and help to improve the work by offering new angles, (P)inspiration, best practices and practical solutions — guaranteeing projects meet our standards.
- On a higher level, you help to grow our local team in LA and get the best work out of our Design, Animation and Illustration Monks abroad.
- You help to guide the team in the right direction, bringing harmony to our people, projects and processes.
- For this senior-level role, we’re looking to hire someone with 5 years of hands-on experience designing and directing all kinds of digital work.
- You’ve earned your stripes in the design field and are ready to take on this role with mentor-like responsibilities, helping younger (motion graphics) designers get better at their job.
- Next to visual prowess, you have strong social and professional skills and feel confident in tackling high-end projects in tag team with our clients.
- You can present and defend our creative vision with passion, but also know when to give in for the sake of the project.
- With an articulate understanding of fundamentals such as typography, interaction design, flow and storytelling, you can get teams to improve the work on both an aesthetic and functional level.
- You need to intimately understand how people interact with digital content and how design and animation can enhance this experience.
- Much more than it is about moving pixels, you understand that design and animation are about moving people.
Become Our LA Art Monk
At MediaMonks, you join a young & fun, successful and super-fast-growing company that constantly pushes the envelope when it comes to production and use of adjectives. In addition to an unlimited supply of awesome projects and coworkers, MediaMonks gets you a one-of-a-kind company culture, amplified through awesome awards, awful karaokes, and fantastic food truck Fridays. If you meet and exceed this profile, we’d love to meet you.
Please be attentive to the minimum requirements for this role and accompany your application with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.Apply for this job
- Schapenkamp 2 1211 PA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- 23 Heddon St W1B 4BQ London United Kingdom
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 5 Office 205 Dubai, U.A.E.
- +971 52 948 6613
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 907 891 8571
- Calle Emilio Castelar 149 Polanco III Sección 11550 Miguel, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 55 8624 5177
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- 9 Donghu Road, 18th floor Xuhui District 200031 Shanghai China
- +86 186 2178 3427
- 30 Bukit Pasoh Road 089844 Singapore Singapore
- +65 64 389 897