Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Copywriter Internship at MediaMonks HQ
Calling all copywriters and other alliteration artists with an insatiable interest for digital advertising and creative production. MediaMonks has an exciting internship position for an upcoming copywriter that can craft awesome copy in English and preferably also in Dutch. If you love to read and write, read on to learn more about this opportunity.
About the Position
- As a Copy Intern at MediaMonks, you help to craft copy for the world’s leading agencies and their brands who seek MediaMonks for the creative production of their projects, products and campaigns.
- You support project teams in pitching, writing and editing copy. (That’s right: pitching, producing and polishing.)
- In some cases, projects will literally be small, such as when writing short copy for display ads, watch faces and project summaries.
- In other cases, you’ll be assisting on bigger projects like digital platforms and interactive campaigns by contributing (copy) ideas and (copy) improvements.
- In any case, you will be part and pencil of the most prolific production company on the planet, operating as ‘one office in ten locations’ with an incredible in-house team of 600 Monks worldwide.
About the Internship
- During this paid internship, you will support our copy crew at the MediaMonks Mothership in Hilversum (<meta name=“Amsterdam”/>).
- You’ll be part of small but significant team that closely works together in pursuit of the best words.
- The internship is as hands-on as it gets; you will do actual work on actual projects.
- There will be feedback, supervision and Friday beers, but we very much believe in the idea of ‘learning through labour’.
- This internship should be considered a full-time traineeship, with no time for regular coursework or (graduation) projects other than your internship report.
- This internship should last for a minimum of 4 months, ideally coinciding with your graduation so you can join us after the fact if all goes well.
- You are currently enrolled in the final year of a higher education programme, almost ready to become copywriter for a living for life.
- You’re an excellent English writer. This doesn’t mean you have to be native English — you are way better than the average native writer.
- You can convince without needing fancy jargon, big words, or stepping into the pitfall of bullshit.
- You can write creative copy from scratch as well as enhance ideas written by others.
- As an editor, you are the change you want to see in the word. You improve what is said, not just how it’s said.
- Creatively, you’re made of ones and zeros and have ideas for anything from websites and mobile apps to virtual reality experiences, and interactive films.
- You know how to present ideas and convey the points needed to sell a job.
- As part of a constant but constructive feedback loop, you can give and handle criticism without making or taking it personal.
- You are all about The Work and becoming a better writer.
- At the same time, you know how to make a case for your copy, always being able to explain why you went with a specific word or line.
Being an intern at MediaMonks is simply awesome. You’ll get to contribute to interesting projects for A-list brands from around the world, as well our company culture. You can enjoy a great healthy lunch, help to win all the awards and join our winter sports trip if you’re able to stick around after your internship. With this prospect in mind, our ideal candidate is someone who’s looking to kick-start their career with a head start.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your application with a short motivation letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for this internship.Apply for this job
- Schapenkamp 2 1211 PA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- 23 Heddon St W1B 4BQ London United Kingdom
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 5 Office 205 Dubai, U.A.E.
- +971 52 948 6613
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 907 891 8571
- Calle Emilio Castelar 149 Polanco III Sección 11550 Miguel, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 55 8624 5177
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- 9 Donghu Road, 18th floor Xuhui District 200031 Shanghai China
- +86 186 2178 3427
- 30 Bukit Pasoh Road 089844 Singapore Singapore
- +65 64 389 897