Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Copywriter Internship at MediaMonks HQ (WFH)
Are you our next(-level) copy intern? We have an internship opportunity for a creative writer who can craft excellent English copy and is eager to get even better. We’re looking for students with meticulous writing and editing skills, and a knack for digital production. The internship should be considered as a work experience position for 4 to 6 months.
What to Expect
- During this paid internship, you’ll become part of a small-star copy team that is WFH but formally based in Hilversum (not exactly Amsterdam, but we do provide free accommodation across the street).
- As a Copy Monk at MediaMonks, you’ll write for leading agencies and brands who seek our help for the creative production of digital projects and campaigns.
- You’ll help secure, shape, and sell the work we create through copy and creativity, championing clarity over cleverness.
- You’ll support our teams by writing, editing and proofreading for pitches, internal assignments and projects in production alike.
- Working on assignments big and small, you can expect to write anything from creative headlines and UI copy to social posts, scripts, marketing content and cases.
- Other than great copy, your job is to ensure that everything makes sense, is consistent and meets objectives.
- As you'll be looking after copy for projects mostly independently, the internship is as hands-on as it gets.
- You’ll get the opportunity to put your skills to work for top-name clients while getting detailed feedback on your writing from top-notch copywriters.
- You’ll get to collaborate with a group of incredible copywriters—including several former interns—to critique each other’s work, calibrate best practices, and confer about comma conundrums.
- Honing skills instead of holding hands, you’ll have a team who supports you rather than supervises you.
MediaMonks stands for equal-opportunity employment and welcomes applications from students of all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a personal motivation before the end of August (consider this a first assessment). Questions? email@example.com has answers.
- You’re an EU student enrolled in a higher education programme throughout the internship (this a legal requirement, sorry).
- Work experience is not required; excellent English grammar and word play are.
- You like writing copy from scratch as well as enhancing texts written by others.
- You can capture ideas with copy that is clear and compelling at the same time: convincing without bullshit, cheesy puns or esoteric language (after all, the cognoscenti have no need for grandiloquence).
- You combine creativity with critical thinking; your analytical approach enables you to ask the right questions and proof ideas from a strategic and conceptual perspective.
- As part of a constructive feedback loop, you can give and handle criticism on copy without taking it personally.
- You can make a case for your copy, rationalising your choices and considerations to win people over with your words.
- As an editor, you are the change you want to see in the word: you improve what is said, not just how.
- Your attention to detail is close to annoying: typos, inconsistencies and questionable punctuation marks have little chance getting past your cursor.
- You have a great sense of personal responsibility and eagerly go the extra mile if that’s what it takes to make good great.
Being an intern at MediaMonks used to be nothing but awesome before corona made copywriting an even more solitary activity. If you can live with the idea of potentially doing an entire internship from home, we’d love to welcome you to the fold (daily team meetings and Slack banter included).
You’ll be part and pencil of a super-fast-moving company on a mission to become the best production partner in any field and market—operating as one team across time zones with 2,000 Monks and counting. You’ll get to contribute to projects for A-list clients, and get to hear about the fantastic food we used to have every day at our old office. If you stick around for long enough, you might even win an award or two (hundred) and join our parties and winter sports. With this prospect in mind, our ideal candidate is someone who’s looking to kick-off their career with a head start.Apply for this job
- Oude Amersfoortseweg 125 1212AA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers#amsterdam" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +31 20 820 24 25
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- Speakers Corner unit 104 31 Parliament Street 8001 Cape Town
- +27 74 451 3854
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- Scale 2 building 3412 Ath Thumamah Road 6628،Riyadh 13315 Saudi Arabia
- 109012 per. Malyy Cherkasskiy, 2 Cabinet Lounge Moscow Russia
- +7 499 110 44 75
- 010000 Nur-Sultan city Saryarka Avenue 6 Room 1 Office 1310 Kazakhstan
- +7 916 6953669
- Okhla Industrial Estate Phase 3 Rd Okhla Phase III Okhla Industrial Area New Delhi Delhi 110020 India
- 959, 3rd Cross Rd HRBR Layout Kalynagar Bangalore 560043 India
- +91-9739 008 291
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 3129 2969
- 209 Cecil St South Melbourne Victoria 3205 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- Level 10/66 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- 401 Bay Street Simpson Tower 6th floor Toronto ON M5H 2Y4
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508