Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Copywriter Internship at MediaMonks NL
Calling all aspiring copywriters and other alliteration artists with a knack for digital technologies and creative production. MediaMonks has an exciting opportunity for a writing wunderkind who can craft excellent copy in English and is keen to get even better.
About the Position
- As a copy intern at MediaMonks, you’ll help to write copy for the world’s leading agencies and their brands who seek us for the creative production of their digital projects and campaigns.
- You’ll support our teams by writing and editing copy for proposals and running projects (that’s right: pitching, producing and polishing).
- You help to secure, shape, and sell our projects through alliteration and other rhetorical means, always championing clarity over cleverness.
- In some cases, projects will literally be small, such as when writing short copy for display ads, buttons and social posts.
- In other cases, you’ll be assisting on bigger projects like digital platforms and interactive campaigns by contributing (copy) ideas and improvements.
- In any case, you will be part and pencil of the most prolific production company on the planet, operating as one office across teams and time zones with 1,000+ Monks and counting.
About the Internship
- During this paid internship, you will support our copy crew at the MediaMonks Mothership in Hilversum (<meta name=“Amsterdam”/>).
- You’ll be part of a small but significant team that works closely together in pursuit of the best words.
- The internship is as hands-on as it gets; you will do actual work on actual projects.
- While there will be plenty of guidance, feedback and Friday drinks, we very much believe in the idea of ‘learning through labour’.
- This internship should be considered a full-time traineeship, with no time for regular coursework or (graduation) projects other than your internship report.
- This internship should last for a minimum of 4 months, ideally coinciding with your graduation so you can join us after the fact if all goes well.
- You are currently enrolled in the final year of a higher education programme, almost ready to become a copywriter-for-a-living for life.
- You’re an impeccable English writer. This doesn’t mean you have to be native English — you are way better than the average native writer.
- You can convince without needing fancy jargon, big words, or stepping into the pitfall of bullshit.
- You can write creative copy from scratch as well as enhance ideas written by others.
- As an editor, you are the change you want to see in the word. You improve what is said, not just how it’s said.
- Creatively, you’re made of ones and zeros and have ideas for anything from websites and mobile apps to virtual reality experiences, and interactive films.
- You know how to present ideas and convey the points needed to sell a job.
- As part of a constant but constructive feedback loop, you can give and handle criticism without making or taking it personal.
- You are all about The Work and becoming a better writer.
- At the same time, you know how to make a case for your copy, always being able to explain why you went with a specific word or line.
- Yes, you need to be creative, but there are few things as compelling as a logical argument.
Being an intern at MediaMonks is simply awesome. You’ll get to contribute to interesting projects for A-list brands from around the world, as well as our company culture. You can enjoy a delicious lunch, help us win all the awards and join our winter sports trip if you’re able to stick around after your internship. With this prospect in mind, our ideal candidate is someone who’s looking to kick-start their career with a head start.
MediaMonks stands for equal-opportunity employment and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with (copy)writing samples and a cover letter for this internship (consider this a first assessment). Questions? email@example.com has the answers.Apply for this job
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Schapenkamp 2 1211 PA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 8186 1675