Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Copywriter Internship at MediaMonks (WFH)
We have an opportunity for creative writers who can craft solid English copy and are eager to get even better. We’re looking for students with meticulous writing and editing skills who are interested in learning more about creative production. The internship should be considered as a work experience position for 4 to 7 months from February 2021.
What to Expect
- During this paid internship, you’ll become part of a small-star Copy Team that’s WFH but formally based in Hilversum (not exactly Amsterdam, but we do offer free accommodation across the street).
- As a Copywriter at MediaMonks, you’ll write for leading agencies and brands who seek our Monks for the creative production of their digital products, advertising and marketing.
- You’ll help secure, shape, and sell the work we create through copy and creativity— championing clarity over cleverness.
- You’ll support our teams by writing and editing for pitches and projects in production alike.
- Working on assignments big and small, you could write anything from creative headlines and UI copy to social posts, TVC scripts, marketing content, virtual assistants, and project cases.
- Other than great copy, you help make sure everything makes sense, is consistent, and meets the objectives.
- The internship is as hands-on as it gets, with you looking after copy for projects mostly independently.
- You’ll get the opportunity to put your skills to work for top-name clients while getting feedback from top-notch coworkers.
- Honing skills instead of holding hands, you’ll join an incredible team of copywriters—including several former interns—in critiquing each other’s work, calibrating best practices, and conferring about comma conundrums.
Join Our Team for a Season or Two
Being an intern at MediaMonks used to be nothing but awesome before corona made writing an even more solitary activity. If you’re ready to intern from home, we’d love to welcome you to the fold (daily team meetings and Slack banter included).
At MediaMonks, you’ll join a fast-moving company on a mission to become the best production partner in any field and market—operating as one team across time zones with 2,000 Monks and counting. You’ll get to contribute to projects for A-list clients, and get to hear about the fantastic food we used to have every day at our former office. If you stick around for long enough, you might even win an award or two (hundred) and join our parties and winter sports—now more legendary than ever before. With this prospect in mind, our ideal candidate is someone who’s looking to kick-off their career with a head start.
MediaMonks stands for equal-opportunity employment and welcomes applications from students of all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a personal motivation by early December (consider this a first assessment). Questions? email@example.com has answers.
The perfect candidate doesn’t exist, but you might be just who we’re looking for.
- You’re an EU student enrolled in a higher education programme throughout the internship (this a legal requirement, sorry).
- Work experience is not required; solid English grammar and wordplay are.
- You like writing copy from scratch as well as enhancing work by others.
- You can capture ideas in copy that’s clear and compelling at the same time: convincing without bullshit, cheesy puns or esoteric language (after all, the cognoscenti have no need for grandiloquence).
- You combine creative and critical thinking; your analytical approach enables you to ask the right questions to waterproof copy from a strategic/conceptual perspective.
- As a Copywriter, you are the change you want to see in the word: you improve what is said, not just how.
- Your attention to detail is close to annoying: typos, inconsistencies and questionable punctuation marks have little chance getting past your cursor.
- As part of a constructive feedback loop, you can give and handle critique without making it or taking it personally.
- You can make a case for your copy, rationalising your choices and considerations to win people over with your words.
- You have a great sense of personal responsibility and eagerly go the extra mile if that’s what it takes to make good great.
- Oude Amersfoortseweg 125 1212AA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +31 20 820 24 25
- Kurfürstenstrasse 72 10787 Berlin Germany Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +49 152 900 11833
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- Speakers Corner unit 104 31 Parliament Street 8001 Cape Town
- +27 74 451 3854
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- Scale 2 building 3412 Ath Thumamah Road 6628،Riyadh 13315 Saudi Arabia
- 109012 per. Malyy Cherkasskiy, 2 Cabinet Lounge Moscow Russia
- +7 499 110 44 75
- 010000 Nur-Sultan city Saryarka Avenue 6 Room 1 Office 1310 Kazakhstan
- +7 916 6953669
- Okhla Industrial Estate Phase 3 Rd Okhla Phase III Okhla Industrial Area New Delhi Delhi 110020 India
- 959, 3rd Cross Rd HRBR Layout Kalynagar Bangalore 560043 India
- +91-9739 008 291
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 3129 2969
- 209 Cecil St South Melbourne Victoria 3205 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- Level 10/66 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 228 East 45th Street, Suite 9E New York, NY 10017 United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- 401 Bay Street Simpson Tower 6th floor Toronto ON M5H 2Y4
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508