Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Design Director - MediaMonks China
MediaMonks Shanghai is looking for an English + Mandarin-speaking tastemaker to lead the design of top-notch products and platforms for one of China’s biggest international brands.
Role & Responsibilities
- At our Shanghai office, you’ll be joining a dedicated team of Monks that works alongside our international offices to produce high-end work for a top-name client.
- As a design lead, you help to lead the visual and interface designers to guarantee the best quality of delivery, ensure the work on both an aesthetic and functional level.
- You’ll have a leading role in shaping and steering the look and feel of the user experience, working together with creative directors and designers to flesh out all assets and designs.
- Your work lives at the intersection of actionable campaign sites and the more traditional dot-coms, mobile apps, balancing storytelling and sales, creativity and conversion, and e-commerce for both China and global market.
- You’ll translate brand values, concepts, UX documentation and user-stories into
- actionable design briefs and functional solutions.
- You’ll consolidate the design into the guidelines for deliverables.
- You’ll always guard your designs to assure it is consistent with the dev build.
- You grasp both the user requirements and the client’s needs, feeding both back into
- the design process to make sure our work is in line with the project’s objectives and expectations.
- Owning the experience, you look after the visual execution of all features and functions, usability, and overall aesthetics.
- You have 5-8 years worth of high-level experience, working at least 2+ years in a senior-level capacity.
- You have at least 1 year experience to lead the designers. You’re ready to take on mentor-like responsibilities, helping other designers improve their work through a sacred dance known as the hovering art director.
- You boast a smart portfolio of platforms, e-commerce and products spanning the entire spectrum of UX, UI and interaction design.
- As showcased in your portfolio, you have experience with everything from responsive web design for large-scale platforms to mobile apps.
- You can work with Sketch, Google Suite, Adobe CS, and are familiar with prototyping tools such as Marvel and Framer.
- You can create crystal-clear decks that effectively communicate our UX thinking and help stakeholders to make decisions.
- Native Chinese speaker, fluent in English communication, be able to present your work in both languages.
- You’re meticulous in your process, and have an eagle-eye for detail. Beyond aesthetic excellence, your portfolio demonstrates presentation, research troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- In addition to visual prowess, you have strong professional and interpersonal skills and feel confident in tackling high-end projects in collaboration with a team.
- Based on your experience and expertise, you can literally tell why a design is good or bad, explaining what needs to be achieved to make it (even) better.
- You can contribute to all stages of the process, from conceptualizing styles and wireframing websites (IA) to layout compositions (UI) and mobile translations.
Become Our Local Design Hero.
At MediaMonks, you’ll work as part of the most awesome creative production company on the planet, operating as one office across teams and time zones with 2,000 Monks and counting. You’ll join a successful and super-fast-moving-(and-growing) company on a global mission to become the best production partner in any field and market.
You’ll get to be part of a truly international company creative people would kill to work for. We’ll give you an unlimited supply A-OK coffee, and a one-of-a-kind company culture — characterized by conscientiousness and celebrated with champagne. Thirsty? Let’s meet for a drink.
We stand for equal-opportunity employment and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your portfolio with a personal cover letter showing why you’re the right Monk for the role. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org has the answers.Apply for this job
- Oude Amersfoortseweg 125 1212AA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers#amsterdam" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +31 20 820 24 25
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- Speakers Corner unit 104 31 Parliament Street 8001 Cape Town
- +27 74 451 3854
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- Scale 2 building 3412 Ath Thumamah Road 6628،Riyadh 13315 Saudi Arabia
- 109012 per. Malyy Cherkasskiy, 2 Cabinet Lounge Moscow Russia
- +7 499 110 44 75
- 010000 Nur-Sultan city Saryarka Avenue 6 Room 1 Office 1310 Kazakhstan
- +7 916 6953669
- Okhla Industrial Estate Phase 3 Rd Okhla Phase III Okhla Industrial Area New Delhi Delhi 110020 India
- 959, 3rd Cross Rd HRBR Layout Kalynagar Bangalore 560043 India
- +91-9739 008 291
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 3129 2969
- 209 Cecil St South Melbourne Victoria 3205 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- Level 10/66 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- 401 Bay Street Simpson Tower 6th floor Toronto ON M5H 2Y4
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508