Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Environmental Designer at MediaMonks NL
MediaMonks is looking for a versatile 3D designer to join our Experiential team in designing immersive physical spaces, interactive installations and live experiences that engage and amaze.
We’re blurring the boundaries between physical and digital space, producing experiences for everything from pop-up pavilions to permanent exhibitions and recurring events. Our team acts as one of our global production hubs for experiential work, meaning you’ll work with talented Monks from around the world and across disciplines to shape the physical appearance of our projects. If you have a talent for physical design and taste for creating interactive art pieces and activations, we’d love to meet you.
What to Expect
- In this mid-level role, you’ll work with our creatives, film makers, UX designers and animators as well as with technical directors, developers and makers to literally set the stage for our projects.
- You’ll come up with the best creative approaches and designs for anything from retail exhibits and public pavilions to kinetic sculptures and robotic krakens.
- You’ll create designs for physical structures such as stages and installations on behalf of the world’s leading agencies and brands.
- You’ll create designs at all scales from interactive objects to multiple-story installations, incorporating technologies like augmented reality, virtual reality, projection mapping, treadmills, lights, and motion sensors to enhance the experience.
- You’ll produce 3D and 2D visualizations to show (off) how awesome things will be to clients and creative teams.
- Working throughout all stages from brief to build, you’ll make projects come to life from concept art and sketches to final models and renders.
- You’ll work with fabricators and other third-party partners to evaluate construction drawings from a design perspective to make sure the creative vision for the projects is kept in tact.
Support and Strengthen Our Team
As part of MediaMonks, you’ll join a super-fast-moving company on a global mission to become the most prolific production partner in any field and market. You’ll get a one-of-a-kind work environment spanning creative disciplines and cultures. Next to a next-gen pension fund, you can also expect ace food, parties & winter sports, and A-OK coffee. Speaking of coffee, let’s have one.
MediaMonks stands for equal-opportunity employment and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your portfolio with a personal cover letter showing why you’re the right Monk for the role. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org has answers.
- You have several years of relevant experience, designing a variety of stages, interiors, exhibits, sculptures, architectural structures, products and/or installations.
- You know how to create designs that look incredible but are physically possible — Eschers need not apply.
- You can work with SketchUp, Rhino/Grasshopper, Cinema 4D or other 3D modeling software.
- You can create/execute original designs that grab people’s attention, excelling on the creative side or having excellent technical skills, if not both.
- You have a clear idea about how people will move through space and time and can collaborate with other disciplines to bring all touchpoints together in a coherent experience.
- You have a taste for audacious ideas whilst still being able to work the constraints of clients and venues, coordinating with external project partners to make sure projects meet local requirements and regulations.
- You can help to present and develop concepts through 3D and 2D visualisations, including floorplans, elevations and space-allocation overviews.
- Always keen to experiment with new materials and approaches, you understand materiality to create experiences that look and feel great.
- You’re able to work within fast-moving projects that typically run for just 6 to 12 weeks, developing and iterating on ideas in a matter of days if need be.
- You’re passionate about emerging technologies and keen to push interaction beyond screens and buttons into new physical and virtual forms.
- In fact, you like using digital surfaces as building materials, integrating digital content into architectural builds and spaces.
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Schapenkamp 2 1211 PA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 64 389 897