Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Interactive Creative Director at MediaMonks NL
MediaMonks is hiring hands-on Creative Director to direct the creative production of projects at the intersection of creativity and technology. In this execution-focussed role, you’ll develop digital concepts into engaging experiences on behalf of leading agencies and brands.
We’re looking for a production-savvy CD people love to listen to: someone with sound experience in leading innovative work from gamified treadmills to experiential robotic krakens, interactive video campaigns, WebGL wonders, the world’s largest AR experience, ML-based activations, web experiences, 4D installations, VR experiences, ComicCon activations, AI experiments, GPS adventures, space launches, space rockets, … If you get it, we’d love to have you.
Role & Responsibilities
- In this lead position, you’ll direct creative production projects from start to finish, championing ingenious interaction, innovative storytelling, and world-class design.
- Based at our creative department in Hilversum, you’ll work alongside our other CDs to lead a talented international team of creative concept developers to success.
- Your role starts as soon as projects are awarded (post pitch) and is done when projects start winning awards.
- You’ll look after multiple productions at once and are responsible for making sure our creative teams are on track for a successful delivery, meeting and exceeding expectations.
- At a higher level, you are responsible for growing our creative team and process across the board, scaling our squad and sharpening our skill sets.
- You set new projects up for success by identifying concrete goals and opportunities, and the right team talent to tackle it.
- Based on the creative vision and scope, you help to make sure each project gets enough love and attention to create the best possible work within the time available.
- You’re the positive force driving projects forward, keeping reviews critical but constructive and the vibe productive.
Join Our Team at the Intersection of Creativity and Technology
At MediaMonks, you’ll join a successful and super-fast-moving international company creative people would kill to work for. You’ll get to do great work with even better coworkers, going all-in with our company culture, and all-out at parties and winter sports. In addition, you can enjoy great food everyday, and a next-gen pension fund for when you’re old.
MediaMonks stands for equal-opportunity employment and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your cover letter with links to your work, showing why you’re the right Monk for the role. Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org has answers.
- To star in this lead role, you’ll need extensive expertise and experience in creative production at the highest international level, with a proven capacity to set, shape and safeguard the creative vision for a project.
- You are equally confident and capable in leading creative teams and decision-making, taking responsibility for the creative quality and production value of your projects.
- You know a fair bit about everything from UX and design to copy and art direction (and a lot about when to shut up to let specialists shine).
- Always up-to-date with the latest technologies and platforms, you’re tech-savvy with production mindset and a hands-on mentality — leading by example.
- In digital, the user experience is king, and so you should be a sovereign when it comes to creating stories and experiences that captivate and inspire.
- Much more than just coming up with amazing ideas, you can provide creative leadership throughout all stages of a production from concept to completion.
- You know how to deal with setbacks and last-minute changes, getting the best possible work out of our Monks in any situation; “done is better than perfect.”
- You show leadership without a show of force, giving creatives clear direction and ownership over their projects instead of doing everything yourself.
- You empower the people doing the work, giving timely and constructive feedback throughout the process instead of overhauling things at the last minute.
- You’re in it for making projects, people and processes better — not personal prestige — inspiring clients and coworkers alike to make good work great.
- Your (English) presentation skills are up to par with your interpersonal skills: you know how to make a case and sell clients on an idea through well-written and designed decks.
- In short, you’re as much a client whisperer as a client wooer if that’s what it takes to fully realise a project’s creative potential.
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Schapenkamp 2 1211 PA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 8186 1675