Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Japanese Speaking Video Editor & Animator at MediaMonks LA
As MediaMonks is ramping up to reach Mars by the end the year, we’re hiring hybrid Video Editors & Animators with Japanese language skills.
Role & Responsibilities
- This full-time gig is based at our sun-filled treehouse in Venice Beach — seriously, it’s made for Instagram.
- Working as part of a dedicated client team, you’ll edit and animate pre-roll videos in one of the featured languages for a top-name (and top-secret) brand.
- Important people have calculated that the job is two-thirds basic editing and one-third basic animation.
- You’ll cut down original content to create the most compelling bumpers you could possibly come across on YouTube, bringing the essence across in 6 to 12 seconds.
- The animation part of the job constitutes a mix of original motion graphics work and creating equally awesome animations based on existing assets.
- As part of MediaMonks, you’ll be part of the most awesome production company on the planet, operating as ‘one office in eleven locations’ with an incredible in-house team of 700 Monks and counting.
- This means you’ll be able to team up with some of the most talented people in the industry to enhance projects and hone your editing and animation skills.
Work at the Most Sunny Secret Location on the Planet
At MediaMonks, you can up your game at a truly global company with 11 offices working side by side on amazing projects. You’ll be part of a young and fun, successful and super-fast-moving production company people would kill to work for. Being a Monk comes with a one-of-a-kind company culture — including optional karaoke and mandatory Food Truck Fridays — awesome awards, and a healthcare package.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your portfolio with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- You must either speak Japanese natively or have certification to prove fluency in speaking and writing.
- You’re fluent in English and able to translate briefs and copy into flawless pieces of work.
- You’re experienced working in Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- You can deliver tight work, even under tight deadlines.
- You can cut down videos to different lengths and formats while retaining its original spirit.
- When it comes to animation, you know how to the basics right, or break ’em for artistic effect.
- You can work independently and excel as part of a team, skillfully sharing your progress, problems and pitfalls with the team alongside your favorite GIFs.
- Schapenkamp 2 1211 PA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 5 Office 205 Dubai, U.A.E.
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 907 891 8571
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- 9 Donghu Road, 18th floor Xuhui District 200031 Shanghai China
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 64 389 897