Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Lead Animator/Art Director at MediaMonks Los Angeles
MediaMonks is hiring a senior-level Motion Graphics Monk to be the mentor and guardian of the animation realm within our monastery. You will not only be the Gandalf within the animation monks, but you’re also ready to work some out-of-this-world magic. Guiding moving pixels across space with grace is your personal love language.
As part of our mighty Animation & Motion Graphics department, you’ll create motion graphics for a wide variety of projects, producing work for incredible, super secret brands. A big chunk of the job is strategizing, creating briefs, tutorials, art directing, and being client facing. The job’s a mix of original work and creating equally awesome adaptations from existing styles and assets.
This means you can team up with world-class developers to work on interactive projects, or collaborate with top-notch artists and illustrators to achieve a specific style. The job is based at our Los Angeles office in sunny Venice, CA.
- For this senior-level position, we are looking for a versatile animation artist with 5+ years of experience in the motion graphics field.
- Setting creative and technical standards to determine the best tools and techniques to use is essential.
- Have impeccable interpersonal skills. This role will be meeting and presenting in front of our internal and external clients across the realms.
- Be the Gandalf of the global animation team; inspire and lead monks towards the best animation adventures to create the best work of our lives.
- Be a mentor to the team by having the highest skill quality out there and help them get to the same level or to surpass it!
- Take matters into own hands when needed, but always looking at your project’s bigger picture- keeping the north star in mind.
- You know the ins and outs of animation - from concept to creation and beyond.
- You can produce drop-dead gorgeous animations, illustrations and designs, even under skinny jeans-tight deadlines.
- Your first-rate skills with After Effects, Premier, Illustrator, and Photoshop are second to none. Cinema 4D, and Harmony would be nice-to-haves in your creative toolkit.
- In addition to producing awesome motion graphics, you can also create styleframes in a wide variety of styles from concept to execution.
- You know how to get the principal details right, or break ’em for artistic effect.
- Next to language of motion, you can make yourself clear in English too. Other languages a plus!
- You’re adept in brief creation, creating templates, style guides, tutorials, animation ops, giving and receiving feedback, and overall creative management.
- However, the job’s not only about technical artistry. To excel in this role, you have to be a team player skilled in communicating problems and progress, as well as being practiced in working together with juniors and seniors alike. Staying open minded and solution oriented is key!
- Having the ability to manage people, time, and resources a must.
- Must be able to travel as we will sometimes need to do in-house work at a major client.
MediaMonks is one of those (50) companies creative people would kill to work for. You’ll be part of a young, successful, and fast-moving company that is determined to reach Mars before Musk. In addition to an unlimited supply of incredible coworkers, MediaMonks gets you a one-of-a-kind company culture, amplified by all the awards and celebrated with champagne. If you’re the one, we’d love to be the zero so we can make beautiful binary babies together.
If your skills at work and play are of equal greatness, we’d love to hear from you. However, let your work speak first by sending us your most animated projects.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your portfolio with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.Apply for this job
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Schapenkamp 2 1211 PA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 8186 1675