Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Lead Designer at MediaMonks US
MediaMonks US is hiring a brilliant and thoughtful hands–on Lead Designer to guide design teams in crafting top–notch designs for one of the world's highest–profile brands.
Working at MediaMonks means you’ll be part of a fun, successful and fast-moving company that constantly pushes the envelope when it comes to creative production. Challenges are part of the job, but so is our casual company culture. If you meet and exceed this profile, we’d love to meet you.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, build and manage a team of international designers that craft amazing work for the world’s biggest brands. You will be a defining voice on the art– and design direction of your projects, working in close collaboration with a creative director or design director in your local team.
- Translate brand values, creative concepts, UX documentation and user–stories into functional and expressive design solutions by yourself, and brief and review designers on producing these designs.
- Working directly with your clients and internal teams, you’ll ensure we are going above and beyond the original brief to push what’s possible on both a creative and technical level.
- Employing your problem–solving skills and full stack of design solutions to guide projects and design teams from start, finish and everywhere in between to ensure the highest quality of the delivery.
- Present and substantiate the work created by you and/or your design team in person or through video calls when working on pitches and proposals, or during production. You’ll direct (or create) prototypes and/or animations of designs where needed to provide additional clarification.
- Provide verbal and written (narrative driven) conceptual thinking and design rationale to articulate and strengthen your (and your team’s) proposals.
- Have opinions and not be afraid to voice them.
- You’re a natural design leader and teacher, with a great instinct and proven track record for fostering, growing, educating, motivating, and retaining a team of creative designers.
- Next to this you’re a great designer yourself and you don’t mind getting your hands dirty. You prove your visual prowess through your online portfolio and relevant working experience of 8+ years across the field of digital and web design. Beyond aesthetic excellence, your portfolio demonstrates exemplary presentation, research, troubleshooting and problem–solving skills.
- Your unwavering curiosity never stops you from learning and progressing. You love pushing the envelope both personally and professionally.
- You love people and their diversity. You’re great to work with, as you have strong social and communication skills that ensure you understand how colleagues and clients work and think.
- A feel for the politics of advertising and pitfalls of production.
- A critical eye but you’re not critical. You understand that a combination of kudos and critique makes people want to go the extra mile.
- A thorough understanding of design fundamentals such as typography, interaction design and usability, grid systems, white space, aspect ratios and color theory, tying all of these elements together with obsessive attention to detail.
- You feel confident in tackling high–end projects in collaboration with colleagues and clients alike.
- Mastery of all modern design and prototyping tools (Adobe CS, Sketch, Figma, Principle…). You’re tidy, and you know how to organize your files, layers and folders to make the lives of colleagues easier.
- Based on your experience and expertise, you can judge on the quality of the user experience, and explain what needs to be achieved to make it better.
- Mindful of your time, budget and schedule, you are flexible and willing to put in the time and dedication needed to make each project you and your team work on a success.
MediaMonks is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.Apply for this job
- Oude Amersfoortseweg 125 1212AA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +31 20 820 24 25
- Kurfürstenstrasse 72 10787 Berlin Germany Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +49 152 900 11833
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- Speakers Corner unit 104 31 Parliament Street 8001 Cape Town
- +27 74 451 3854
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- Scale 2 building 3412 Ath Thumamah Road 6628،Riyadh 13315 Saudi Arabia
- 109012 per. Malyy Cherkasskiy, 2 Cabinet Lounge Moscow Russia
- +7 499 110 44 75
- 010000 Nur-Sultan city Saryarka Avenue 6 Room 1 Office 1310 Kazakhstan
- +7 916 6953669
- Okhla Industrial Estate Phase 3 Rd Okhla Phase III Okhla Industrial Area New Delhi Delhi 110020 India
- 959, 3rd Cross Rd HRBR Layout Kalynagar Bangalore 560043 India
- +91-9739 008 291
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 3129 2969
- 209 Cecil St South Melbourne Victoria 3205 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- Level 10/66 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 228 East 45th Street, Suite 9E New York, NY 10017 United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- 401 Bay Street Simpson Tower 6th floor Toronto ON M5H 2Y4
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508