Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Legal Counsel at MediaMonks HQ
Our terrific Legal Team is looking for a Legal Counsel to handle the day-to-day legal matters of our business in Europe. At MediaMonks, this means negotiating and drafting agreements for the production of award-winning projects, advising on compliance matters and clearances for international campaigns, and resolving any other legal issues that may arise at the intersection of creativity and technology.
Role & Responsibilities
- Based at our Hilversum headquarters, you’ll join our small-star legal team that provides aid and assistance for 14 offices and counting.
- Reporting to our Global Legal Counsel and CFO, you'll provide our leadership with advice and recommendations on general corporate legal matters for our European offices.
- You’ll be responsible for all relevant agreements for our European projects with both our clients and external vendors.
- A big part of your job is drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts that bolster our creative production teams in taking on bigger and bolder projects.
- Your work helps to protect the intellectual project that fuels some of the most wacky yet wonderful work in the world.
- You’ll lead negotiations on commercial contracts and other legal agreements for our projects.
- You’ll provide legal support and advice on compliance and clearance matters for our (international) projects and campaigns.
- You’ll be involved in updating and rolling out our company’s legal policies and procedures.
- Liaising with Monks throughout the company, you’ll safeguard compliance with our guidelines, template agreements, (security) procedures other legal policies.
- Last but not least, you’ll help managing our legal administration to keep our day-to-day legal practices up-to-date.
Come Join Our Team
Building your budding legal experience, this job will allow you to develop your skill set in an international work environment, filled with many of the nicest people in the industry. You’ll join the brightest creative production company on this side of the solar system and be part of a successful and super-fast-moving-(and-growing) organization.
We’re on a global mission to become the best production partner in any field and market, and our people are key to making that possible.
We stand for equal-opportunity employment and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a personal cover letter showing why you’re the right Monk for the role. Questions? email@example.com has the answers.
- For this mid-level position, we’re looking for a Legal Counsel with a Master of Laws degree, and a high degree of personality responsibility.
- You have 3+ years of professional legal experience, 2+ of which in an in-house capacity (preferably within the digital/creative industry).
- Ideally, you have hands-on experience with entertainment, contract and commercial law.
- You can work in English at a high professional level; any other language skills (e.g., Dutch) are a bonus.
- A master of compliance, you also have a mind for business.
- You have demonstrable negotiating skills and are experienced in drafting commercial contracts.
- You have excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- You’re flexible and eager to take on tasks in new areas of law.
- You like working as part of a team but can also work independently with minimal supervision.
- You’re proactive, hands-on, and results-oriented; able to work on tight deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
- You’re a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Schapenkamp 2 1211 PA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 5 Office 205 Dubai, U.A.E.
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- 9 Donghu Road, 18th floor Xuhui District 200031 Shanghai China
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 64 389 897