Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Livestream Technical Director at MediaMonks (US Remote)
MediaMonks is looking for a Livestream Technical Director to run the technical portions of our live shows and support our (remote) workflow. A production and post-production generalist at heart, this person will assist the solutions and experiential teams with technical guidance and hands-on leadership of all broadcast and live-streamed events. Additionally, this individual will work to bridge the gap between production, post, and IT, implementing best practices for secure-data capture. Supervised by the Solutions Director, this role will serve as the technical eyes and ears for the solutions team.
For this remote position, Eastern and Central time zones, and flexible working hours are preferred.
About the Role:
- Broadcast Engineering leadership and active production engagement
- Onset (virtual and physical) broadcast production engineering
- Signal flow creation and documentation
- Serve the production role of EIC or Broadcast TD
- Broadcast Equipment stewardship
- Global Inventory and tracking of all broadcast equipment
- Advise the solutions director with ROI modeling for equipment based on rental records
- Assist the solutions and IT Tech team with the implementation of protocols, support, optimization, security, and administration
- Education and Documentation
- Document all aspects of your work with the intention of onboarding Technical Directors
- Create curriculum and materials to education Technical Directors
- Mentor Technical Directors in live broadcast
- Digital Imaging Tech
- Help bridge the gap between production and post
- Occasionally function as the DIT for shoots
- Advise on imaging best practices
- Workflow and Pipeline development
- Remote workflow creation, documentation and support
At MediaMonks, you'll join a successful and super-fast-moving company creative people would kill to work for. You’ll have the chance to bring forth award-winning work as part of a truly global company working as one office across teams and time zones with 2,500 Monks and counting. If you’re looking to do great work with great people who know how to party extremely well, apply to join in the fun.
Please be attentive to the requirements and wishlist for this role and accompany your application with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- You have a consistent DIR (Doing It Right) approach to life and production.
- You ask people when they say “4K, 30” if they mean “UHD, 29.97,” but you’re patient when people think the wifi is the internet.
- If it’s broken you know how to fix it, and you have the right torx driver with you in your bag.
- You believe in the reporting structure of broadcast production, you can lead an engineering and camera team; but know and respect that liability and the call lies with the producers.
- You can be client-facing.
- Expertise in: FFMPEG, Adobe Creative Cloud, VMIX, Livestreamstudio, Blackmagic/AJA Suite of Products, lensing, SMPTE protocols, checksum protocols, RAID and NAS configurations, diverse encoder set.
- 5-10 years of experience working in broadcast and production environments
- Min. 100 hours behind the switcher in a live environment
- Experience in: Python, DOS, Grassvalley, Sony, Panasonic, EVS and replay tech
- Bonus: Unity, Unreal and engine based skills
MediaMonks is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Oude Amersfoortseweg 125 1212AA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +31 20 820 24 25
- Kurfürstenstrasse 72 10787 Berlin Germany Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +49 152 900 11833
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- Speakers Corner unit 104 31 Parliament Street 8001 Cape Town
- +27 74 451 3854
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- Scale 2 building 3412 Ath Thumamah Road 6628،Riyadh 13315 Saudi Arabia
- 109012 per. Malyy Cherkasskiy, 2 Cabinet Lounge Moscow Russia
- +7 499 110 44 75
- 010000 Nur-Sultan city Saryarka Avenue 6 Room 1 Office 1310 Kazakhstan
- +7 916 6953669
- Okhla Industrial Estate Phase 3 Rd Okhla Phase III Okhla Industrial Area New Delhi Delhi 110020 India
- 959, 3rd Cross Rd HRBR Layout Kalynagar Bangalore 560043 India
- +91-9739 008 291
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 3129 2969
- 209 Cecil St South Melbourne Victoria 3205 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- Level 10/66 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 228 East 45th Street, Suite 9E New York, NY 10017 United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- 401 Bay Street Simpson Tower 6th floor Toronto ON M5H 2Y4
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508