Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Senior Art Director, MediaMonks LA
MediaMonks LA has a position for a talented senior art director with a background in production design, who wants to coach and coordinate a global team of designers that produces top quality content for the product interfaces of one of the world’s most recognizable brands.
This role offers an opportunity to conceptualize production design ideas, while overseeing both mid and senior-level talent, producing assets at scale and collaborating closely with clients.
While we are working remotely for now, we are anticipating some version of a mid-summer return to the office in Venice, CA.
Role & Responsibilities
- In this senior-level role, you’ll oversee a dedicated team that specializes in the design of static visuals for product interfaces, social media, and display advertising.
- Working alongside Project and Program Monks, you make sure our designs and processes are in line with the client’s objectives and expectations.
- You have experience in leading teams of talented designers and copywriters and will be in direct contact with our client and play a key role in building a prolific partnership. You will work together directly with art directors on the client-side, representing MediaMonks from a design POV.
- You make sure that the design team harmonizes speed, style and scale to produce a big volume of good-looking assets at a steady pace.
- Pixel perfectness is important. You safeguard quality at all times and work together with QA testers.
- In addition to making images look good, you make sure that designs adhere to guidelines and are consistent across ad formats, dimensions, and languages.
- You look after the execution of the art direction and help to improve the work by offering new angles, inspiration, best practices, and practical solutions — guaranteeing projects meet our standards.
- You are responsible for training the designers and making sure all documentation and design standards are up to date.
- You are always on the lookout for process efficiencies.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your portfolio with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- You’ve earned your stripes in the field of production/asset design and are ready to take on this role with mentor-like responsibilities, helping senior and junior designers get better at their job in a sacred ritual called constructive feedback (i.e. hovering art direction).
- Your Photoshop skills are so slick, they look photoshopped; and you also know how to organize your files, layers and folders.
- You have an eagle eye for photo retouching silhouette work and are skilled in illustrator.
- You are proficient in Sketch and templatized workflows.
- You have experience creating templates from scratch across all types of digital Design and know how to optimize a production design pipeline.
- You have experience delivering localized versions of your work on a global scale.
- You understand the QA process involved in production design and can give pixel perfect feedback.
- You can enable designers to take charge of tasks independently.
- You can contribute to different stages of the production process; from setting styles and layouts to cutting formats and language versioning.
- You can handle repetitive tasks and stay focussed.
- You are well versed in documenting and enforcing guidelines.
- You are well-versed in English, production tricks, and cat videos.
- You are a clear communicator and are happy to work with designers from all over the world.
MediaMonks is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Oude Amersfoortseweg 125 1212AA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +31 20 820 24 25
- Kurfürstenstrasse 72 10787 Berlin Germany Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +49 152 900 11833
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- Speakers Corner unit 104 31 Parliament Street 8001 Cape Town
- +27 74 451 3854
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- Scale 2 building 3412 Ath Thumamah Road 6628،Riyadh 13315 Saudi Arabia
- 109012 per. Malyy Cherkasskiy, 2 Cabinet Lounge Moscow Russia
- +7 499 110 44 75
- 010000 Nur-Sultan city Saryarka Avenue 6 Room 1 Office 1310 Kazakhstan
- +7 (7172) 790389
- Okhla Industrial Estate Phase 3 Rd Okhla Phase III Okhla Industrial Area New Delhi Delhi 110020 India
- 959, 3rd Cross Rd HRBR Layout Kalynagar Bengaluru 560043 India
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 3129 2969
- Coming soon
- +65 9640 3960
- 209 Cecil St South Melbourne Victoria 3205 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- Level 10/66 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 228 East 45th Street, Suite 9E New York, NY 10017 United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- 401 Bay Street Simpson Tower 6th floor Toronto ON M5H 2Y4
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508