Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Senior Business Affairs Manager for MediaMonks NY
MediaMonks is on the lookout for a Senior Business Affairs Manager to join the in-house Legal & Business Affairs team which is based in New York and work closely together with our production teams for our offices in the Americas.
This role is to strategize and advise on all Business Affairs matters for the production of our award-winning projects. The roles include legal, commercial & talent rights clearance, and resolving any issues that may arise during production.
If you’re interested in this full-time role based in either New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles, California, then please read on.
Role & Responsibilities
- In this role you will be part of the MediaMonks Americas legal & Business Affairs team and provide legal support to all MediaMonks companies in the Americas.
- You will take the lead in all Business Affairs matters such as negotiations for commercial and production agreements, advice on compliance matters, legal clearances, provide legal awareness training to the business and production teams and will be setting out the day-to-day Business Affairs policies and guidelines on production.
- You are responsible for the wrap-up process for all of our Live-Event and Film productions together with the Lead EP or producer on the production.
- You will work closely together with internal and external counsel with regards to production, litigation, intellectual property rights management, music rights., talent rights and clearance matters.
- Functional reporting to the Global Legal Counsel to input in connection to matters relating to your day-to-day responsibilities.
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience, in-house experience is required — preferably within the digital production industry.
- Demonstrable skills in strategic Business Affairs. Enthusiasm to work in a team, but also independence to work with minimal supervision.
- Fluent in English, and preferably Spanish. Any other language skills are a bonus.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Experience with content and media production and right clearance.
- In-depth knowledge of all Union requirements.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on tasks in new areas of the industry.
- Confidence in your business/commercial awareness.
- The ideal candidate will be proactive, hands-on, result-oriented, and able to work under pressure of tight deadlines and accurate. In other words, a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
Come Join Our Team
Building your budding Business Affairs experience, this job will allow you to develop your skill set in an international work environment, filled with many of the nicest people in the industry. You’ll join the brightest creative production company this side of the solar system and be part of a successful and super-fast-moving-(and-growing) organization.
MediaMonks is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.Apply for this job
- Oude Amersfoortseweg 125 1212AA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers#amsterdam" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +31 20 820 24 25
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- Speakers Corner unit 104 31 Parliament Street 8001 Cape Town
- +27 74 451 3854
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- Scale 2 building 3412 Ath Thumamah Road 6628،Riyadh 13315 Saudi Arabia
- 109012 per. Malyy Cherkasskiy, 2 Cabinet Lounge Moscow Russia
- +7 499 110 44 75
- 010000 Nur-Sultan city Saryarka Avenue 6 Room 1 Office 1310 Kazakhstan
- +7 916 6953669
- Okhla Industrial Estate Phase 3 Rd Okhla Phase III Okhla Industrial Area New Delhi Delhi 110020 India
- 959, 3rd Cross Rd HRBR Layout Kalynagar Bangalore 560043 India
- +91-9739 008 291
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 3129 2969
- 209 Cecil St South Melbourne Victoria 3205 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- Level 10/66 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 228 East 45th Street, Suite 9E New York, NY 10017 United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- 401 Bay Street Simpson Tower 6th floor Toronto ON M5H 2Y4
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508