Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Senior Legal Counsel for MediaMonks NY
MediaMonks is on the lookout for a Senior Legal Counsel to help with the day-to-day legal matters of our US and LATAM offices. This role involves negotiating and drafting agreements for the production of our award-winning projects, advising on compliance matters and legal clearance, and resolving any issues that may arise during production.
If you’re interested in this full-time role based in New York, New York, then please read on.
Role & Responsibilities
- In this role you will be part of the MediaMonks Americas legal team and provide legal support to all MediaMonks companies in the Americas.
- You will take the lead in negotiations for commercial contracts for creative production projects, advise on compliance matters, legal clearances, provide legal awareness training to the business and production teams and will be supporting in setting out the day-to-day legal policies and guidelines.
- A smaller portion of the role will be assigned for general corporate matters that may arise from the offices in the Americas.
- In this role you will work closely with internal stakeholders and departments within the group to ensure correct implementation of all legal guidelines and other policies.
- Functional reporting to the Global Legal Counsel to provide legal counsel and business input in connection to matters relating to your day-to-day responsibilities, .
- Finally, you will assist with general corporate legal matters relating to the offices in the region.
- J.D. and active member of the New York State Bar in good standing.
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience, in-house experience is required — preferably within the digital production industry.
- Fluent in English, and preferably Spanish.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- In-depth knowledge of entertainment, contract and commercial law.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on tasks in new areas of law.
- Confidence in your business/commercial awareness.
- Demonstrable skills in negotiating and drafting of commercial contracts. Any other language skills are a bonus.
- Enthusiasm to work in a team, but also independence to work with minimal supervision.
- The ideal candidate will be proactive, hands-on, result-oriented, and able to work under pressure of tight deadlines and accurate. In other words, a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
As part of MediaMonks, you’ll be part of the most awesome production company on the planet, operating as one team across 30 locations with 1800 Monks and counting. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a personal cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
MediaMonks is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.Apply for this job
- Oude Amersfoortseweg 125 1212AA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands Job inquiries: <a href="https://www.mediamonks.com/careers#amsterdam" target="_blank">MediaMonks Careers</a>
- +31 20 820 24 25
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- Speakers Corner unit 104 31 Parliament Street 8001 Cape Town
- +27 74 451 3854
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- Scale 2 building 3412 Ath Thumamah Road 6628،Riyadh 13315 Saudi Arabia
- 109012 per. Malyy Cherkasskiy, 2 Cabinet Lounge Moscow Russia
- +7 499 110 44 75
- 010000 Nur-Sultan city Saryarka Avenue 6 Room 1 Office 1310 Kazakhstan
- +7 916 6953669
- Okhla Industrial Estate Phase 3 Rd Okhla Phase III Okhla Industrial Area New Delhi Delhi 110020 India
- 959, 3rd Cross Rd HRBR Layout Kalynagar Bangalore 560043 India
- +91-9739 008 291
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 3129 2969
- 209 Cecil St South Melbourne Victoria 3205 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- Level 10/66 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
- +61 422 252 333
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 228 East 45th Street, Suite 9E New York, NY 10017 United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- 401 Bay Street Simpson Tower 6th floor Toronto ON M5H 2Y4
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508