Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Shader Programmer at MediaMonks HQ (WebGL & Unity)
The graphics you’ll help to create play a key role in the award-winning work we produce for the world’s leading agencies and brands; whether that’s a point-cloud tracking experience, a resizable sea to earn about dolphins in captivity, a series of 3D barbecues to learn about gas-grilling, abstract renderings of DNA crystals to increase awareness for autism, a surrealist web game to promote Jeep, or a musical WebGL experience that lets you create your own track with Chipotle ingredients and beats by the RZA.
- In this Hilversum-based role (<meta name=“Amsterdam”/>), you’ll work at the intersection of games, 3D and development departments.
- You’re chiefly responsible for programming dynamic graphics and shading stunning objects in WebGL or Unity.
- You’ll work with our creative teams and designers to not only ‘make’ the look but to ‘shape’ it, providing ideas and input from both a visual and technical perspective.
- You develop custom solutions to create specific kinds of graphics or to solve performance issues.
- As part of MediaMonks, you're part of the most awesome production company on the planet, operating as ‘one office in eleven locations’ with an incredible in-house team of 600 Monks worldwide.
50 Shades of WebGL and Unity
At MediaMonks, you’ll join a young and fun, successful and super-fast-moving international company that constantly pushes the envelope when it comes to production and the use of adjectives. In addition to a wide range of challenging projects — including what to have for lunch — the job comes with a great set of colleagues, a one-of-a-kind company culture, next-gen pension fund for when you’re old, and the best parties and winter sports.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your application with examples of your work (e.g. GitHub or Shadertoy) and a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- You have 4+ years of graphic-programming experience.
- You can produce fab graphics on both desktop and mobile.
- You’re fluent in OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL) and/or High Level Shading Language (HLSL).
- You’re proficient in linear algebra and vector math.
- You can write code to generate geometry, movement, light and filters.
- You’ve written forward and deferred rendering paths.
- You have experience with both physically-based rendering (PBR) and non-realistic shading.
- You have knowledge of WebGL and/or creating custom shaders in Unity.
- You optimize CPUs and GPUs performance for breakfast (or dinner if your project needs to go live before EOD).
- Able to write render engines.
- Active on Shadertoy.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling formats (e.g., FBX, OBJ).
- Experience with 3D modelling tools (e.g, Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, Blender).
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, Sass/SCSS, C/C++, ES6, three.js.
- Experience with Android and/or iOS development.
- Schapenkamp 2 1211 PA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 5 Office 205 Dubai, U.A.E.
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 907 891 8571
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- 9 Donghu Road, 18th floor Xuhui District 200031 Shanghai China
- +86 15601945025
- 30 Bukit Pasoh Road 089844 Singapore Singapore
- +65 64 389 897