Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Sr. User Researcher & Strategist at MediaMonks NL
Our Monks in Hilversum (<meta name=“Amsterdam”/>) are looking for an experienced UX Researcher with a knack for digital strategy. In this role, you extract insights from original user research and client workshops to create clear and effective strategies for big brand sites, online platforms and apps.
About the Role
- As a Strategy Monk at MediaMonks, you bring top-notch UX-thinking to tables and workshops around the world.
- Spending your time equally between clients, customers, and colleagues, you set up digital projects for success on behalf of the world’s leading brands and businesses.
- You lay the groundwork for lasting projects, defining the strategic scope and shaping the briefs that inform our in-house teams.
- You’ll be closely involved in both the pitching for new projects and the development of digital strategies for running projects from beta to alpha and beyond.
- You help to devise the user experience for a wild array of projects by doing original research, planning and extracting the key insights and requirements.
- You apply best practices from the fields of user and market research to find the sweet spot between user and business needs, as well as a project’s technical requirements.
- You’ll work together with internal and external stakeholders to get projects in the right place at the right time for the right reasons, grounding insights and validating ideas.
- You are responsible for creating strategic UX proposals to help clients achieve their business goals and realize their digital potential.
- Together with our clients and teams, you make sure our solutions are scalable, worthwhile and capable of becoming a sustained success.
- As part of MediaMonks, you are part of the most awesome creative production company on the planet, operating as ‘one office in eleven locations’ with an incredible in-house team of 600+ Monks worldwide.
- Carry out user tests, competitive audits, user interviews, doing survey analysis, creating target-audience personas, mapping user journeys and creating sitemaps.
- Lead workshops to capture the key user, business and technical requirements for new projects — defining the project’s scope and success (KPIs).
- Conduct market, user, landscape and trend research, distilling key insights and synthesising your findings for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop the tool set and methods MediaMonks uses for (user) research and creation.
Become a Strategy Monk
At MediaMonks, you’ll join a young and fun, successful and super-fast-moving production company creative people would kill to work for. In addition to great food for when you’re hungry and a next-gen pension fund for when you’re old, MediaMonks has the nicest parties and the best winter sports ever. So, if you meet this profile, we’d love to meet you.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this position and accompany your portfolio with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for this role.
- You have 5+ years of experience doing user research and UX strategy for high-profile clients.
- Your portfolio demonstrates superior process, research and problem-solving skills, along with a talent for presentation.
- You have functional research skills and know the good, the bad and the ugly of digital products and platforms.
- Months-long projects do not scare you, and you find no job too small for a rounded and grounded UX strategy.
- You care deeply about effect because you value the user’s time more than anything in the world; your great sense of empathy allows you to propose user-centric solutions.
- You have a drive for creating clear and actionable strategy proposals, free of needless jargon or big words; you go beyond the obvious, never slipping into the pitfall of bullshit.
- In addition to English, you speak the language of business and technology; you understand how to make a case and sell people on an idea.
- Your critical understanding of digital media enables you to ask the right questions to better-define what needs to be achieved in the first place.
- Based on new or existing communication and content strategies, you can offer advice on creating, curating or migrating content.
- You can quickly sketch and present ideas using visual tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe CS, G Suite).
- Danzigerbocht 41C 1013 AM Amsterdam The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- Schapenkamp 2 1211 PA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- 42 St John St Clerkenwell London EC1M 4DL UK
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 9 Office 318 Dubai, U.A.E
- +971 (0) 4 514 9510
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 (310) 684 5404
- 156 2nd St 94105 CA San Francisco United States of America
- +1 603 319 1102
- Amsterdam 271 Col. Hipódromo 06170 Cuauhtémoc, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 (55) 75 83 95 11
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- No.5 Lane 18 Yanqing Road Xuhui District Shanghai 上海市徐汇区延庆路18弄5号
- +86 15601945025
- 69 Neil Road 088899 Singapore
- +65 8186 1675