Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
Technical Director MediaMonks BA
Role & Responsibilities
- If all goes according to plan, being a TD is awesome.
- As our lead developer, you’ll be at the helm of our local development efforts, directing a team of some 30 developers.
- At our BA office, you stand at the base of the award-winning projects we produce for the world’s leading agencies and their brands.
- As our technical thaumaturge, you assess the technical feasibility of creative concepts and help to build neat prototypes to pitch new technologies to our clients.
- The projects you’ll work on engage with experimental uses of technology and can be technically challenging — even more so because launch dates are sacred in our line of work.
- Your extensive expertise in foreseeing and fixing technical problems will safeguard such projects from the get-go, for which our 200 Dev Monks worldwide are forever grateful.
- In doing so, you’ll help to prepare new projects for development, carried out between our BA office and development stronghold in Amsterdam.
- To make sure your programming prowess stays up to par, we encourage learning on the job.
- As part of MediaMonks, you are part of the most awesome creative production company on the planet, operating as ‘one office in ten locations’ with an incredible in-house team of 600 Monks worldwide.
For this English + Spanish-speaking role, we’re looking someone with at least 5 years of high-level development experience in digital advertising or production.
- This hands-on role involves frequent client contact and builds on your ability to talk about technical matters in a clear-cut way (though you’re free to throw in some specialist terms, just to impress).
- When it comes to programming, you’re a true polyglot and have functional knowledge of a wide variety of languages and expert knowledge of technical architectures, websites and CMS solutions (e.g., Drupal, Umbraco and Sitecore).
- You need to be familiar with developing using new technologies and APIs, and can put together quick prototypes that work as a proof of concept.
- You’re experienced with automation for building software packages, deploying websites, and miscellaneous (scripting) tasks.
- You can compile technical documentation to instruct development teams.
- As MediaMonks regularly employs both, knowledge of WebGL and mobile (web) apps would give you a definite edge.
- In addition to knowing your languages, you can offer expert advice on hosting, security, performance issues and the prevailing internet memes.
Be Our BA TD
Working at MediaMonks means you’ll be part of a young & fun, successful and super-fast-growing company that constantly pushes the envelope when it comes to production and the use of adjectives. Stressful moments are part of the job, but so is our casual company culture. If you’re ready to join MediaMonks, we’d love to have you on board as one of our creative development captains.
Please be attentive to the requirements for this role and accompany your application with a short cover letter detailing why you’re the right Monk for the job.
- Schapenkamp 2 1211 PA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- 23 Heddon St W1B 4BQ London United Kingdom
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 5 Office 205 Dubai, U.A.E.
- +971 52 948 6613
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 907 891 8571
- Calle Emilio Castelar 149 Polanco III Sección 11550 Miguel, Ciudad de México Mexico
- +52 1 55 8624 5177
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- 9 Donghu Road, 18th floor Xuhui District 200031 Shanghai China
- +86 15601945025
- 30 Bukit Pasoh Road 089844 Singapore Singapore
- +65 64 389 897