Campaigns & Content
Mobile & Platforms
- VFX & Post
VR & AR
- Rich Media
- For Good
CHPA: DXM Labworks
Tribal WorldwideVisit online
CHPA: DXM Labworks
DXM Labworks introduces a playful approach to the prevention of drug abuse. Created by Tribal Worldwide NY, this MediaMonks-produced mobile game allows users to engage with the dangers connected to DXM abuse, the active ingredient in over-the-counter cough medicines. The app features 12 original minigames that bring the detrimental effects of DXM abuse to the screens of teens in a fun but factual format. The minigames take the form of DXM-infused experiments that challenge players to test how long their robot remains functional. MediaMonks is also responsible for the futuristic campaign trailer sporting high-end 3D characters in a CG-rendered factory.
DXM Labworks lets players take on the role of lab technician in a 3D workshop that is optimized for mobile devices. In a series of experiments, players can observe the effects of DXM abuse through the actions of their ‘Dextrobot’, a customizable test subject that simulates human reactions to recreational use of the drug. The minigames challenge players to see how long they can prevent their Dextrobot from spoiling a variety of social situations. Much like the effects of ‘robotripping’, the Dextrobot becomes increasingly difficult to control, inevitably terminating in a rendered stream of purple vomit while its robot friends look on in digital disapproval.
Each minigame leverages mobile’s medium-specific features to fully demonstrate the Dextrobot’s reactions to DXM abuse. Touchscreen and motion gestures coordinate the intoxicated robot’s movements as you stumble through the app’s various test environments. Complete with its own disorienting soundtrack – courtesy of our human sound engineers – DXM Labworks is one of the richest collections of minigames we’ve ever produced.
- Schapenkamp 2 1211 PA Hilversum The Netherlands
- +31 35 621 21 50
- 23 Heddon St W1B 4BQ London United Kingdom
- +44 20 7440 3580
- Norrlandsgatan 18 11143 Stockholm Sweden
- +46 8 50 70 35 00
- PO Box 502921 Dubai Media City Building 5 Office 205 Dubai, U.A.E.
- +971 52 948 6613
- 127 Elizabeth St 10013 NY New York United States of America
- +1 347 767 6929
- 1214 Abbot Kinney Blvd Venice, CA, 90291 United States of America
- +1 907 891 8571
- R. Fidalga 162, Vila Madalena 05432-000, São Paulo, SP Brazil
- +55 11 3097 0508
- El Salvador 5137, Palermo C1414BPS Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires Argentina
- +54 11 5368 2189
- 135 Yanping Rd, Jing’an Shanghai 200042 China
- +86 151 2109 7484
- 30 Bukit Pasoh Road 089844 Singapore Singapore
- +65 64 389 897